BMNT's team is a unique blend of veterans, designers, entrepreneurs, policy wonks and researchers. We're looking for people with a passion for our mission, the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, and a desire to elevate individual and team performance to a new level.
We're not looking to fill any specific positions right now, but are always searching for 95th percentile fits.
Our Screening Process
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at BMNT! We are always looking for people who can thrive doing our special blend of team-based, semi-structured, intensely creative work. Of course, lots of companies say things like this. We actually mean it!
All BMNT candidates go through a screening process that is comprised of five “levels.” It’s kind of like a game. Each level is designed to assess a specific aspect of fit. If you’re a good player at each level, we can predict that you'll also be a good fit at BMNT.
View Screening Levels
Level I (General Fit)
- One 60 group minute call
- Explain the screening process, ask questions
- 60% of applicants proceed to Level II
Level II (Horizontal Fit)
- Two 30 minute calls with BMNTers who would be your peers
- Discuss daily responsibilities, joys, and frustrations
- 35% of applicants proceed to Level III
Level III (Vertical Fit)
- One 60 minute call with the BMNTer who would be your manager
- Discuss expectations, ask prepared questions
- 15% of applicants proceed to Level IV
Level IV (Functional Fit)
- 5-day remote workshop - 30 minutes required each day
- Walk through some of our methodologies, share what you’ve learned
- 7% of applicants proceed to Level V
Level V (Cultural Fit)
- 2-day on-site visit
- Critique the process, negotiate details, finalize paperwork
- 3% of applicants end up getting hired
Goodness of Fit and Mutual Enthusiasm
As candidates go through the five levels, they are asked to embrace the three principles of our screening process:
Goodness of Fit + Mutual Enthusiasm + Individual Agency
- Goodness of Fit: based on what you know right now, are you and the current BMNT team aligned across all the major dimensions of personal and professional life?
- Mutual Enthusiasm: based on what you know right now, are you even more enthusiastic about joining BMNT than you were when you started the process?
- Individual Agency: it is your responsibility to know what's expected and play accordingly. The screening page contains the instructions for playing each level the game.
Using a traditional process based on resumes and interviews, we can determine 80th percentile fit. The first three levels of our process get us to that point, but can’t help after that. The only way to assess the subtle differences between the 80th and 95th percentile are by immersing you in a “real enough” BMNT environment, working on a real problem.
A final note: like everything we do, the screening process is also an experiment. We have significantly changed it at least a dozen times in the last few years. Don’t expect a smoothly running machine.
BMNT’s screening process reflects our commitment to finding the rare person who will thrive here. The way we think about thriving is as a 95th percentile fit. These are the rare folks who take action, emphasize learning over rote execution, work well in teams, are self-directed, and can adapt over time.
Are you ready to play?
Click "Apply Here" below and send us a message. Make sure to include:
- Your Name
- Phone number
- The role you are interested in
- Location Preference
- LinkedIn URL
- What excites you about BMNT
- Tell us a story about the hardest problem you have attempted to solve