BMNT in the news
- What Your Innovation Process Should Look Like
For innovation to contribute to a company or government agency, it needs to be designed as a process from start to deployment. When organizations lack a formal innovation pipeline process, project approvals tend to be based on who has the best demo or slides, or who lobbies the hardest. A canonical Lean Innovation process inside a company or government agency would include sourcing, curation, prioritization, hypothesis testing and exploration, incubation, and integration.
Sept 11, 2017 / Harvard Business Review
- Western Armies Turn to Startups for a Technical Edge
Technology used to flow from the military to the private sector. Now armies are turning to startups to help them keep up.
Aug 3, 2021 / Sifted
- Expanding access to venture capital investments for dual-use tech
Chris Moran, Vice President of the Lockheed Martin Corporation, and Peter Newell, CEO of BMNT, talk about the current landscape in the venture market for companies trying to penetrate the defense space
Aug 11, 2020 / Government Matters
- How To Drive Innovation Inside Your Organisation with Pete Newell
Are you wondering how your business can innovate better? Are you confusing methodologies and activities with the process of actually keeping and creating a pipeline of innovation? Then don’t miss this hugely insightful episode all about innovation, with the internationally recognised innovation expert, Pete Newell.
Jan 5, 2021 / The Melting Pot with Dominic Monkhouse
- Applying the Lean Startup Methodology to the Military with Peter Newell
How do you apply the lean startup methodology to the military? Well, that's the subject of this week's episode of Agile Giants. Pete Newell, whose name may sound familiar because Steve Blank mentioned him at the Corporate Entrepreneurship Forum as the co-author of his upcoming book, Innovation Doctrine.
Jan 6, 2021 / Agile Giants: Lessons from Corporate Innovators
- Steve Weinstein, How to Build a Mission-Driven Company – InnovaBuzz 380
- Creating value beyond the dollars in profit
- The impact of consumer perception on brands
- What a mission driven organisation is and how they behave
Feb 3, 2021 / Innovabiz
- Defense & Aerospace Daily Podcast, Hacking the System
On this episode of the DefAero Report Daily Podcast, sponsored by Bell, Col. Pete Newell, US Army Ret., the former director of the Army’s Rapid Equipping Force who is now the CEO of BMNT, discusses the Hacking for Defense and Allies initiatives, driving innovation at speed and scale, creating the right architecture for change and more with Defense & Aerospace Report Editor Vago Muradian.
Mar 9, 2021 / Defense and Aerospace Daily Podcast
- It’s in the way you talk.
Culture and common language are essential drivers of innovation. Because innovation is, contrary to the common belief of Scandinavian engineers, above all a sociology challenge.
Mar 30, 2020 / Nordic Business Report
- Could contractors actually prosper during the pandemic
Okay, federal contractors. Listen up. Presuming you can keep your company live until the other end of the tunnel we’re in, can you actually prosper? For some advice on navigating the next few months, Federal Drive with Tom Temin turn to the CEO of innovation advisers BMNT, Peter Newell.
Apr 9, 2020 / Federal News Network
- Problem curation and lean methodology with Pete Newell
During the episode, we discuss a range of issues including:
- How to build and maintain discipline through the innovation pipeline
- Advice for business leaders in the Covid-19 crisis
- How Hacking 4 Defense is developing a new generation of entrepreneurs
- What it means to be disciplined in an agile/iterative environment
- Ways large enterprises can break away from their self-sabotaging processes
May 12, 2020 / Acquisition Talk