Senior Business Development Analyst
At BMNT, our strong reputation to solve customer problems brings referred business; however, to continue to scale our company, we need to dedicate more strategic effort to source new customers. In order to enable that growth, we created a new role to play an integral part of this initiative by partnering closely with our SVP’s to drive many business development activities and elevate our sales operations processes. As our Senior Business Development Analyst role, you’ll identify business opportunities and source additional leads through networking, online research/branding (government databases and other sites), and conferences. You’ll also lead customer meetings independently to advance the sales process with prospective customers. If you’re fantastic with research, being organized is your superpower but you’re a salesperson at heart, this could be the right role for you.
- Lead elements of the customer relationship such as participating or leading customer meetings, conducting discovery calls, creating documentation and briefing materials; and answering in-depth questions about BMNT methodologies.
- Provide on-going analytical support by reporting out to the leadership team forecasted pipeline, metrics and other key results.
- Keep sales pipeline full and organized which includes following up on prospects to nurture leads that you or the leadership team source; enhancing our sales operations processes, and prioritizing activities that propel the business development function’s efforts forward.
- Contributing ideas to sales development strategy plan to acquire new customers.
- Conducting various types of research and data compilation related to both specific opportunities as well as markets as a whole.
- Representing BMNT at meetings, events, and conferences to foster new relationships with customers.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree or related military experience with at least five years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Department of Defense or intelligence organizations is preferred but experience navigating new business with government run organizations is required at a minimum.
- Demonstrated success in business capture, proposal development, or sales operations is highly desired
- Strong organizational skills with a passion for great follow up.
- A self-starter with an obsession for outcomes, not activities and history of achievements.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to succinctly articulate your complicated information.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize many concurrent tasks
- Willingness to travel frequently to attend customer meetings or conferences as well as travel flexibility to respond to rapid adjustments in the priority of work assignments to meet proposal schedule demands is required
- Curiosity and an always-be-learning attitude, including recognizing when help is needed and seeking new ideas or perspectives to accomplish an objective
- Humility and a commitment to self-improvement and self-awareness, including proactively seeking and welcoming constructive feedback from colleagues;
- U.S. citizenship is required
- ...and of course an excitement for BMNT’s mission!
Founded in 2013, BMNT is a tight-knit team of creatives, engineers, makers, veterans and policy wonks, aligned around the common goal of changing the way national security organizations think about and solve problems. Over the past seven years, BMNT has adapted and applied tools and methodologies that enable Silicon Valley startups to operate with continuous speed and urgency. Leveraged by countless defense and intelligence organizations across the globe, our evidence-based, data-driven framework, H4X®, is the source of truth for government innovation. In 2016, Forbes Magazine recognized BMNT as one of the nation’s Top-25 veteran-founded startups. In 2018 and 2019, INC ranked BMNT as one of the 1,000 fastest growing private companies in the United States.