BMNT’s primary business is bringing silicon valley innovation to government organizations. We’re now taking that a step further by investing in technology companies that bring advancements to those organizations and others. At any given time, we’ll have 5-10 projects running to support this effort and need someone with fantastic organizational skills and a strong sense of urgency to keep the project leaders efficient with their time and their deadlines on track. In this vital role, you’ll be removing barriers to obstacles to support the executives on day-to-day operations. What’s unique about this role is you will have the opportunity to get exposed to a variety of projects, executives and work. This position may grow to include a wider corporate office management type of role or something different. Since BMNT is evolving and growing, we expect this role to grow as well.
- Project Coordination: Proactively driving follow up actions to keep activities running smoothly including scheduling meetings with clients and BMNT executives, and following up with project leaders and participants on deliverables in a positive and professional manner. Follows up with contractors/partners and tracks deliverables/schedules. Organizes and maintains project information in a way that makes it easy to access, find, and report out on.
- Team Communication: Communicates effectively with others which entails balancing approachability and firmness so that projects stack on track with timelines. Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders to keep everyone informed of activities and projects on track.
- Event Management: Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, events and industry engagements including arranging with vendors/partners for services, facilitating the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, coordinating invites, and managing events within budget.
- Administrative Support: Provide general support to execute on tasks for BMNT to meet objectives and goals.
- Cultural Contributor: Positive addition to BMNT culture and models the desired behaviors of a successful contributor at BMNT
- Working with customers and our staff and supporting various executives.
- Making sure issues are elevated before they become problems.
- Coordinate collection of data.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required.
- Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
We Are Looking for
- 2+ years of experience in a role requiring strong organizational and follow up skills. We’re open to the type of experience this is but could be office management, project coordination, recruiting operations, executive support, or project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required. Additional experience, certifications or degrees could be an alternate qualification.
- Outstanding organizational skills and thrives on bringing detail and organization to chaos.
- Experience project management skills in a systematic way using various tools to stay organized.
- Meticulous eye for detail, accuracy, and high standards of presentation.
- Ability to communicate well in a concise and clear manner in both verbally and written format.
- Demonstrated experience multitasking in an environment of frequently changing priorities and with a sense of urgency.
- Flexible and positive mindset - can react to uncertain situations with creativity, determination, and optimism and professionalism.
- Ability to organize one's self, processes and/or teams around changing information or data and day to day responsibilities
- Strong computer skills with strong experience in MS Word & Excel.
- Ability and willingness to travel within 40 miles of corporate office frequently (multiple times a week).
- Exhibits emotional intelligence by demonstrating good listening skills, welcoming feedback, improving behavior and skills accordingly, and demonstrating thoughtful judgment.
- U.S. citizenship
Founded in 2013, BMNT is a tight-knit team of creatives, engineers, makers, veterans and policy wonks, aligned around the common goal of changing the way national security organizations think about and solve problems. Over the past seven years, BMNT has adapted and applied tools and methodologies that enable Silicon Valley startups to operate with continuous speed and urgency. Leveraged by countless defense and intelligence organizations across the globe, our evidence-based, data-driven framework, H4X®, is the source of truth for government innovation. In 2016, Forbes Magazine recognized BMNT as one of the nation’s Top-25 veteran-founded startups. In 2018 and 2019, INC ranked BMNT as one of the 1,000 fastest growing private companies in the United States.