BMNT is hiring an Executive Assistant to support the business operations In this highly visible role, you will provide strategic administrative support and play a critical part in the success of the operations of our team. What’s so unique about this role is your work will vary day to day as you contribute to several aspects of the organization’s day-to-day activities such as managing the schedule of various executives and working side by side with customers. You are a partner who needs to take ownership of projects that matter most to the success of the organization.
- Anticipate needs and plan accordingly, which includes being proactive with scheduling meetings that align with objectives.
- Prepare content and compose correspondence for executive review such as presentation material for large group meetings or project updates.
- Being proactive with the evolving calendars of senior leaders’ to ensure it lines up with organizational priorities. Mitigate scheduling conflicts as they arise while maintaining a calm and positive demeanor.
- Booking travel for senior leaders including pre-trip planning and booking through the actual trip coordination to ensure you’re ahead of trip changes and the senior leaders’ time is maximized for productivity.
- Provides administrative support to senior leaders as needed such as preparing expense reports and organizing meeting material or conference rooms.
- Responds quickly to senior leaders’ requests while also maintaining (and setting) realistic expectations about achieving deadlines for requests.
- Managing desk and office space including seating arrangements, office supplies, and ensuring our employees have the basics to feel proud, productive and happy.
- Handle front office operations (e.g., receiving visitors, sorting and distributing mail)
- Manage logistics of janitorial staff.
- Plan organizational wide and other group meetings from inception of concept, alignment on meeting objectives, and execution of details.
- Manages event budget ensuring that money being spent is balancing cost with professional presentation and time.
- Negotiates with vendors to stretch monetary resources.
We Are Looking for
- Experience in office management, administration
- A master's degree in a specialized field plus a minimum of 1 year of applicable experience; or, a bachelor's degree in the specialized field plus 7 years of applicable experience; or, a bachelor's degree in any field with a minimum of 9 years of specialized experience.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills. We know everyone says they’re detailed, but being able to articulate the way you keep track of details will be key. You follow up and follow through on every project or task to make sure no detail is missed.
- Proactive problem solver. You feel confident doing research on your own to present solutions and solve problems independently. You’ll escalate issues as needed, but you’ll be able to succinctly articulate the specific areas you need input versus asking your executive to solve for you.
- U.S. Citizenship and Secret Security Clearance are required.
- Project Master - Multi-tasking Guru. You’ll be shifting gears constantly which means someone that has a systematic way to manage projects and provide organized updates up and out through the organization is highly desired.
- Independent thinker. You’ll take thoughtful initiative beyond instructions provided to assess how things can be done better. You can manage your own completion of tasks and manage up to communicate what you need to fulfill your responsibilities successfully.
- Positive mindset. Someone that sees opportunity within every challenge.
- Professional communication skills. Demonstrates excellent writing skills that require little editing by others and represents BMNT and the CTO Office Operations team in a positive manner.
Founded in 2013, BMNT is a tight-knit team of creatives, engineers, makers, veterans and policy wonks, aligned around the common goal of changing the way national security organizations think about and solve problems. Over the past seven years, BMNT has adapted and applied tools and methodologies that enable Silicon Valley startups to operate with continuous speed and urgency. Leveraged by countless defense and intelligence organizations across the globe, our evidence-based, data-driven framework, H4X®, is the source of truth for government innovation. In 2016, Forbes Magazine recognized BMNT as one of the nation’s Top-25 veteran-founded startups. In 2018 and 2019, INC ranked BMNT as one of the 1,000 fastest growing private companies in the United States.