Workshop Facilitator Application
The Workshop Facilitator will have a passion for user centered design, complex problem solving, the ability to work across multiple business units, exceptional communication skills, and be able to bring ideas to life visually. In this role, you must be curious and empathetic while learning and driving different ways of working.
The ideal candidate is proactive and highly motivated, with exceptional facilitation, organizational and visual execution skills. They must be willing to constantly embrace new challenges and have the commitment to solve gnarly business and design challenges to impact the innovation across a large organization. This individual will be dedicated to designing, facilitating, and delivering high quality materials and sessions. Moreover, they have a desire to work through the entire design process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, prototyping, and testing.
1. Open to learning a different way of working - indeed, hungry for that!
2. Complete willingness to be coached and curiosity to learn = essential
3. Ability to pay attention at all levels; from the highest level of the ‘intent’ through to the smallest details
4. Excellent ‘soft’ people skills and solid core business skills (business / change efforts)
5. Demonstrates presence and can set the tone
6. A background in facilitation, design, education, or design-led thinking
7. Experience designing and delivering workshops
BMNT is a unique company looking for people who are a great fit for our culture. We were founded in 2014 with the mission to help national security organizations solve problems. In 2016, Forbes Magazine named us one of America’s Top 25 veteran-founded startups. We work across the military, government, academic, startup, and corporate communities to address urgent technological and operational needs. We are looking for people with a passion for our mission, the ability to thrive in a chaotic environment, and a desire to elevate individual and team performance.
The role will be to join our Product Team as a facilitator. Our facilitators form the conduit for delivering our H4X Innovation Methodology to clients. Our product team includes: Entrepreneurs, bestselling authors, product managers, videographers, speakers, and aspiring comedians (basically our whole office). We take an unreasonable amount of satisfaction in building products which create change in the most complex, bureaucratic organizations. The Product Team plunges head first into uncertainty and constantly revises our work to drive value.
The time split will be: ½ Facilitation Activities / ¼ Product Development / ¼ Supporting other BMNT efforts. This is a junior-level position which is only available to U.S. citizens. There are openings in our Palo Alto, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C offices.
• Learning the BMNT approach and immersing yourself in the ‘art and science’ of the BMNT design approach
• Support scoping, designing and delivering workshop sessions and managing the success of each
• Manage the design and preparation work to ensure that all customer deliverables are achieved
• Influence adoption of best practices
• Deliver high quality solutions while promoting a collaborative environment across customer cross-functional teams
• Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and engage the proper stakeholders.
• Manage own workload including accurate effort estimating.
• Gain working level knowledge of innovation activities and methodologies (Crowdsourcing, Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Agile Engineering, Design Sprints, etc)
• Design and improve BMNT curriculum, content, and facilitation
• Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills.
• Self-motivated with strong direction and presence.
• Demonstrated passion and curiosity for subject matter relevant to BMNT (e.g. technology, national security, innovation, public policy)
• Ability to build credibility and trust with both team members and management.
• Excellent presentation oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent design and execution skills including presentations, printed collateral, and video.
• Strong conflict-resolution skills.
• Desire to influence business decisions/processes through effective networking.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks/priorities, consistently meeting deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to manage and prioritize many concurrent tasks
• Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Sense of humor and empathy when dealing with large organizations
• Experience working on cross functional teams.