BMNT is a unique company with a mission. We were founded in 2014 with the mission to help national security organizations solve problems. In 2016, Forbes Magazine named us one of America’s Top 25 veteran-founded startups. We work with the military, intelligence community, government, and Silicon Valley to address their most urgent technological and operational problems. We are looking for people with a passion for our mission, the ability to thrive in a chaotic environment, and a desire to elevate individual and team performance to a new level.
This is a junior-level position available only to U.S. citizens. There are openings in our Palo Alto, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C offices.
- Interact with senior military and intelligence officials
- Refine and identify specific factors for success in client-submitted problem statements
- Support sprint and product development activities
- Develop high-quality deliverables for our clients
- Translate information among a diverse audience
- Facilitate workshops and training courses
- Support internal operations
- Conduct in-depth sector research on emerging technologies
- A record of leadership or taking initiative in work or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated passion and curiosity for subject matter relevant to BMNT, e.g., technology, national security, innovation, public policy
- Collaborative and proactive working style
- Ability to manage and prioritize many concurrent tasks
- Critical reading and writing skills to process and synthesize large amounts of complex information
- Clear and concise communication skills and ability to present comfortably to large audiences
- Sense of humor and empathy when dealing with bureaucracies
- Graphic design or product experience
- Technical or engineering experience
- Familiarity with Design Thinking, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Previous experience working with the government or military